Homepage



Toftwood Pubs

Millwrights | Ramblers Rest | Three Tuns | Three Horseshoes

Toftwood Map

Map images produced from the www.old-maps.co.uk service with permission of Landmark Information Group Ltd . and Ordnance Survey

Millwrights Arms

Norfolk Pubs

Millwrights Arms 2004

Hilda Timm

Before the Millwrights underwent a major refurbishment in the early 80's the long-standing licensees were Pat and Hilda Timm. When they retired Hilda played darts for the Cherry Tree. This is Hilda (centre) back in the Millwrights for a darts presentation, about 1987.

Some 1960's darts presentations at the Millwrights

Shirley Mayer (with cup) and Phyllis Bishop

Shirley Mayer (with cup) and Phyllis Bishop

Phyllis and Robert Bishop ran The Eagle.

The chain of office indicates that Phyllis was probably chairman of the Ladies Auxillary of the Licensed Victuallers Association.

Peter Dugdale, Hilda Timm and Arthur Seaman

Peter Dugdale, Hilda Timm and Arthur Seaman

Pat Timm and Shirley Mayer.

Pat Timm and Shirley Mayer.

Kelly's 1883 entry - Tuck Thomas, Millwrights' Arms, Toftwood

A Tuck with an unusual name kept the Cherry Tree at the same time.

Top

Ramblers Rest - Closed 1913

Norfolk Pubs

Ramblers Rest

Ramblers Rest, Toftwood, 2004

Kelly's 1883 entry - Larner Richard, Rambler's Rest, Toftwood

The unmade road beside the old pub is called Larner's Drift, could it be named after this landlord?

Larners Drift

Top

Three Tuns - Closed 1970

Norfolk Pubs

Kelly's1883 entry - Copeman, Three Tuns, Toftwood

Top

Three Horseshoes - Closed 1910

Norfolk Pubs

Three Horsehoes - 2005

Kelly's 1883 entry - Bush Benjamin, Three Horse Shoes, Toftwood

Top

Homepage